Jorge Dias has a Ph.D. on Electrical Engineering by the University of Coimbra, Portugal. He is Full Professor at University of Coimbra with activities in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computers and with research activities at the Institute of Systems and Robotics (ISR-UC), and a Full Professor at Khalifa University (Abu Dhabi, UAE).
His expertise is in the area of Artificial Perception (Computer Vision and Robotic Vision) and has contributions on the field since 1984. He has been principal investigator and consortia coordinator from several research international projects, and coordinates a research group on Artificial Perception for Intelligent Systems and Robotics from ISR-UC.
He was Director of the Laboratory of Systems and Automation from the Instituto Pedro Nunes (IPN), of which he was Vice-President from June 2008 to June 2011.
Jorge Dias published several articles in the area of Computer Vision and Robotics that include more than 130 publications in international journals, 1 published book, 22 books chapters, and more than 360 articles in international conferences with referees.
- Full Professor from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computers (DEEC) from University of Coimbra (UC), January 2020.
- Agregação (Habilitation) degree by the University of Coimbra, October 2011.
- Ph.D. on Electrical Engineering by the University of Coimbra, specialization in Instrumentation and Control, November 1994.
- Thesis of Scientific and Pedagogical Ability from the Faculty of Science and Technology from the University of Coimbra, February 1988.
- Electrical Engineer Degree (specialization on Computers) by the Faculty of Science and Technology from the University of Coimbra on July 1984.
|2020||Present||Full professor from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computers (DEEC) from University of Coimbra (UC).|
|2011||2019||Since July 2011 is with Khalifa University acting as Professor from ECE/Robotics at Khalifa University (UAE) at Abu Dhabi.|